Sunday, July 29, 2012

San Diego - Week 2

Who knew so many people visit San Diego in the summer that one needs to book a beach house almost a year in advance to get the days and location you prefer?!?  We booked only a few months in advance (which I thought I was so smart for planning so early) SOOOO, we moved to a new beach house for the rest of our stay.  The house is great...great backyard, games for Jaaten, CLOSE to beach but not on the sand. ;(

Jaaten on the couch of the new place as soon as we get there...."I need to watch a movie!" : /
We went to the Scripps Aquarium in La Jolla our first day.  Jaaten has really been into fish and reptiles lately.  ; / 
We have a new nanny!!  Shannon was so sweet to come to San Diego with us on such late notice.  Jaaten LOVES new friends. ;)
Shannon sent me these pictures of the boys the first day she took care of them for me. ;)  I was glad they were being nice to her!!  ;)
The backyard of this new house has been great for Jaaten.  The owners left tons of toys.  It has a grass area big enough to run around and not to mention the chickens.  Yes, chickens!!
 We went to the Safari Park on Tuesday last week.  It really was not too much different from the zoo....I didn't think so anyway.  It was fun though. ;)
 We were trying to get Jaaten to put her face in the little bat hole...she never came!
 Jaafe didn't go to the SD Zoo with us the week before so I think Jaaten was really excited to have her Dad here.  ;)  Cute!
What is a day at a park without getting your face painted....again!!
 Just before we left the park, Jaaten spotted this carousel.  She picked this animal first which I thought was fitting because we had just seen him live.  BUT....
 ...then she spotted "Dad's Deer"!  And had to switch...
 We went inside the gift shop before we left thinking I would get Jaaten a cute stuffed animal.  We left with 2 more lizards!!
 Grammy is a dedicated Farmviller and Jaaten really likes to look at all the animals and other things she collected on her farm.
 Jaafe and his Mini Me, Steel. ;)
 Hudson and Steel
Ashlee, one of our friends in SD, introduced me to some super great girls here a couple years ago.  We met up for drinks at this great bar on the water.  I'm not sure how long it has been since I have been able to get out of the house to meet just girls out so this was great. ;)
 I bought this sprinkler for Jaaten just before we left for California.  For some reason she likes to be Nakie Baby when she runs through it. ; /
 Jaafe and I met up with a girlfriend of mine from college at George's which is a great place for food and drinks on the water in La Jolla.  We actually met up with two different friends of mine from college and took NO PICTURES....ugh!!  So, Jaafe and my picture made the cut to the blog. ;)
 Jaafe and I have not been able to get out in the evenings too much lately either.  Saturday evening our friends Jarrod and Ashlee took us to dinner downtown.  We stopped at the Marriott for drinks on the rooftop first.  It was a blast!  Love you guys. ; ) 
This was taken just before we left for dinner...these boys are HUGE!!  Their first birthday is coming up next month already!! Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment