Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween, Croup & Xmas Trees

Jaafe & I were planning on taking Jaaten to a friend's neighborhood to let her walk around on Halloween BUT she is sick. ;( We dressed her up at home though. Grammy brought her this giraffe outfit but the zipper was broken.
So then we dressed up like a Pretty Fairy. The "wand" was a big hit.....right on the backs of our legs!!! Where does she learn this stuff!?!

Our friend Shelly brought her kids over to Trick-o-Treat our house.....and they were the ONLY Trick-o-Treaters so they got ALL our candy. ;) Jaaten wasn't sure what to think about it.
CROUP: Croup is a viral infection that affects children mostly under age 6. It causes swelling in the child's vocal cords, which is what makes the loud barking cough. Croup causes swelling and narrowing of the voice box, windpipe and breathing tubes which makes it hard for the child to breathe.
I don't know how I got so lucky but this is the 2nd time Jaaten has had Croup and it is NO fun!!
We have been hanging around the house a lot the last few days since Jaaten has been sick. This is where you will find her if you came to our house at anytime lately. Jaaten stands on the stack of magazines I have by the couch and grabs whatever gadget is in her reach (remote, monitor, cell phone, etc.) Then she gives The Grin....like she knows she shouldn't be up there! She is wearing the hospital gown I wore when I was little (Grammy brought it........along with many other items I wore 25 years ago!!) Always the entertainer at out house!
Yes, this is my Xmas Tree, up on November 2nd!! I felt the motivation to put it up on my days off this week and feared it may not return in time for Xmas. Hence....it is up! Jaaten didn't know what to think!
This was Jaaten this morning. Still a little sick but noticeably better than she has been. She brought these socks to me to put on her. Which is weird for Jaaten because she would rather be barefoot any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment