Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jaaten's 1st Day of Preschool!! OMG!!

Today was Jaaten's first day of preschool.  My Mama told me a couple years ago this day would be TOUGH and I kind of dismissed it.  IT WAS TOUGH!!  We missed Meet the Teacher Night because we were in San Diego. ;(  Not the best move I have ever made but we had already booked the trip when Lil Einsteins announced the official date.  Jaaten did SO great though!!  She was definitely a little unsure at first which tugged at my heart right when we stepped into her classroom.  We got her settled which took less then 5 minutes.  I said "Bye, Jaaten.  I love you.  I will be back to get you in a little bit."  In her uncharacteristic, quiet voice she said, "O-kaaay".  I could tell in that moment she was sad.  It took everything I had to get out that door before I started bawling in front of her.  ;(  Then I called Jaafe.  I think he thinks I'm crazy.  ;)  Then I called Mom...she cried too.  HA!
Jaaten wanted me to take a picture of her bunny rabbit backpack Grammy got her.  Although I have to get a regular backpack for her because the folder the teacher sends home each day does not fit in the rabbit.  Not sure how that will go!
The blanket came along for the car ride but stayed in the car!!
Jaaten was already over me taking pictures even though I had only been able to take a couple before we got to school.
Every morning the kids have to find a monkey with their name on it which will be at their seat for that day.  They put the monkey on the tree before class starts. ;)
 Jaaten spotted dinosaurs in one of the toy bins almost as soon as we walked in the door.  Of course she had to grab not 1 but 5 of them!!  Mrs. Bridgett, her teacher, let her take them to her desk.  Smart girl that Mrs. Bridgett. ;)
 After we got home from school and Jaaten wanted to play outside.  After 3 minutes being outside, she wanted to swim.  So that is what we did...

No comments:

Post a Comment